Know someone suffering from an old injury? Fibromyalgia? Chronic pain?
Did you know Physiotherapy can make a difference in the well being of people suffering chronic pains?
Our physiotherapist will use a variety of approaches, some at the same time, some in progression as a person shows improvements.
- Gentle manual therapy
- Therapeutic taping or Kinesiotape
- Education and counselling
- Exercise, Movement training, and Mobility training
- Lifestyle modification to help patients better engage in activities
- Modalities such as electrical stimulation, ultrasound and trigger point work.
Want to know more about the chronic pain from Physiotherapy perspective? Our physiotherapist, Manual Lupea has prepared the following titles which may be of help:
- Explain Pain by David Butler PT with contributions from Lorrimer Moseley PT: available with Toronto Public Library, number 616.0472 BUT;
- The Pain Truth… and Nothing But! by Bahram Jam, PT, available on Amazon;
- The Brain that Heals Itself and The Brain’s Way of Healing by Norman Doidge, also available on Amazon; at least one of the books is available on SCRIBD as audiobook.